Zucchini is one of the best foods because it can be prepared in a hundred ways. It is also nutritious and full of many minerals and vitamins and is available throughout the summer.
This vegetable is one of the best groceries if you are on a diet and want to maintain a slim figure. At 100 grams of raw zucchini only 16 calories and are rich in vitamins and fiber ie manganese and vitamin C, so they are a good source of magnesium, vitamin A, potassium, dietary fiber, folic acid, phosphorus, copper and vitamin B2. Due to dietary fiber, as well as the vitamins and minerals they contain, the zucchini encourage the expulsion of water and harmful substances from the body, and they are beneficial to digestion and help maintain the slender line.
- These vegetables, such as tomato, cucumber and pepper, contain a lot of water, so you should eat them in high quantities in the summer season, as they will quickly and easily satiate and help you cool down and easier to cool submit to the tropical heat.
- Since zucchini is a rich source of vitamin C and containing more than a third of the recommended daily intake, they have a beneficial effect on eye health, as this antioxidant protects the eyes from the kind of oxidative damage that causes cataracts.
- Thanks to vitamin C and beta-carotene in them, zucchini protect against cancer, and recent research has found that zucchini’s phytonutrients have anticancer properties because they prevent cell mutation.
- Zucchini is rich in magnesium, a mineral that reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke, but also helps the body defend itself against viral infections. This food contains folic acid, which serves the body to break down high levels of homocysteine, a type of amino acid that can cause heart attack or thrombosis. Potassium, which also abounds in this food, maintains a normal balance of body fluids, regulates blood pressure and heart function, thereby reducing the risk of atherosclerosis. Dietary fiber has a beneficial effect on the cardiovascular system, ie it lowers high cholesterol.
- The nutrients contained in zucchini have a beneficial effect on the health of the digestive system. High intake of dietary fiber in them has a positive effect on the intestinal discharge, thereby eliminating toxins from the body.
- Zucchini extract has been shown to be very effective in relieving the symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia, a condition that occurs in men after 60, which is characterized by painful and frequent urination.
- It relieves inflammation and reduces the risk of gout. This painful condition causes an excessive amount of uric acid in the body. Zucchini abound in omega-3 fatty acids and carotenes, which have anti-inflammatory properties. Antioxidants Vitamin C and beta-carotene are effective in the treatment of asthma, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, in addition to gout prevention. In addition to being a food item, zucchini can also be used as a pain reliever.
- Zucchini contain pectin, which works as a preventive against diabetes and regulates insulin levels in the blood. In addition, this food is a rich source of vitamin B, as well as the aforementioned magnesium and folic acid, which together maintain the nervous system and helps fight stress.