Quench your thirst and refresh yourself in the summer with peaches, which are not only delicious and juicy, they are also a source of health.
Peaches are low calorie because they contain only 40 calories in 100 grams. They usually contain 87-90 percent water, 11 percent carbohydrates, while they are low in fat and protein. Of the vitamins peaches contain the most beta-carotene and vitamin C. Beta-carotene is a red-orange pigment found in fruits and vegetables, also known as provitamin A. If it has enough in the body, it acts as an antioxidant. The most common minerals in peach are potassium, phosphorus, magnesium and calcium. Peach is a rare fruit that contains selenium. Nectarine, unlike other types of peaches, has less vitamin C but more beta-carotene and higher calorie value.
Here are some reasons why you should enjoy them.
1. Peaches are great food if you are losing or wanting to lose a kilo. By consuming this fruit you will be full and you will not reach for more food. One peach contains 30 to 50 calories and zero fat.
2. Peaches are dominated by vitamins A and C which are good for your skin. Remember to bring a few to the beach and your skin will get a great complexion and stay healthy.
3. Have a great effect on hair health. Eating peaches will give you thicker and healthier hair.
4. Peaches are defined as stress-relieving fruits. Bring a few to your workplace and you will immediately notice the calm effect peaches will have on you.
5. If you have problems with your digestive system, it is advisable to consume three peaches daily that will calm your stomach immediately.
6. Peach tea is commonly consumed in China as a remedy for kidney disease.
7. Peaches contain beta-carotene which maintains eye health. If you spend more time in front of your computer it is best to consume a few peaches daily to save your eyesight.
8. Up to now, a series of studies have shown that peaches fight cancer and cardiovascular disease.
9. Peaches are recommended as a treatment for all those with sensitive skin, but it is best to consume them before sun exposure as they protect against harmful sunlight.
10. People with rheumatoid arthritis are often advised to consume peaches and incorporate them into their meals.