Why is it good to consume Pineapple?
The energy value of 100 grams of fresh pineapple is 48 kcal / 202 kJ, 12% of which are carbohydrates, 0.1% fat and 0.5% protein. Fresh pineapples in their composition contain: enzymes, vitamins and minerals, ie: calcium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, iodine, zinc, manganese, provitamin A, vitamins E, C, B vitamins, fiber…
The effect of Bromelain – the natural enzyme present in the stem and juice of pineapple – has been shown to be most effective. This natural enzyme works effectively on overall health.
Find out how healthy this fruit is and why you should consume it regularly.
Keep in mind that fresh pineapple is very healthy and low in calories, but that cannot be said for canned because it contains sugar and additives. In addition to vitamins and minerals, fresh pineapples contain some lesser known micronutrients necessary for a healthy body.
A cup of pineapple is a refreshing and healthy meal of just 80 calories. However, diabetics must be careful, as one cup of pineapple contains 15 grams of sugar, and high intake can cause a sharp rise in blood sugar.
The healing part of pineapple, or the element that makes this tropical fruit medicinal, is Bromelain, its natural enzyme that has been clinically proven to work in many aspects of human health:
- It works anti-inflammatory, reduces swelling after surgery
- Helps in recovery from injuries: dislocation (itching, muscle injuries and sports injuries)
- Accelerates and improves digestion, improves absorption and metabolism of nutrients
- Relieves symptoms of respiratory diseases (inflammation of the sinuses, asthma, chronic bronchitis)
- Improves circulation
- Anti-inflammatory effect in rheumatoid arthritis, relieves back pain
- Relieves PMS symptoms
- Reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke
- It stimulates muscle contraction
- Prevents cancer and spread of metastases
- Prevention of stomach ulcers
- Reduces appetite
Pineapple has so many benefits for the body that it can be said that it works effectively on overall health. Our recommendation is to eat fresh pineapple more often.